[xsl] Re: User-defined datatypes in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?)

Subject: [xsl] Re: User-defined datatypes in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?)
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:57:37 -0400
On Aug 10, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Jeni Tennison wrote:

Right: interestingly, this is precisely the approach that I'm taking
when incorporating datatypes created with the datatype library
language (old version at http://www.jenitennison.com/datatypes; new
version coming soon) into XSLT 2.0.

FWIW, on this from your page:

the first motivation for putting together a language for datatype libraries is to enable RELAX NG users to construct their own datatypes without having to resort to a procedural programming language or having to learn how to use XML Schema, which might not be suited for their needs.

I'm a big fan of RELAX NG*, and so like this motivation.

Bruce

* My unofficial RNG/C versions of MODS here, BTW:

http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/mods-3-0.rnc
http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/files/mods-3-0.rng