Re: [xsl] regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?

Subject: Re: [xsl] regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:07:42 -0400
On Aug 11, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Jeni Tennison wrote:

The first option is to construct a stylesheet that does the
interpretation of your "style file" on-the-fly.

Thanks Jeni -- This is what I want, because easier to manage (also opens up the style language to be used with other programming languages like Perl).

You can access the style file using the document() function and then use information from it in just the same way as you would any other document.

I was actually thinking/hoping to be able to specify a command-line parameter, though am not quite sure how that'd work. Maybe a style file might be named mla.csl, and one would just specify the file minus the extension as a parameter?

Anyway, I can see how to read the style file to get things like variables. Like, if I want to get the "title-before" variable, I can just do:

<xsl:variable name="title-before">
  <xsl:value-of select="cs:title/@before"/>
</xsl:variable>

Right?

But what I don't understand is how I could handle the "biborder" template. So, say my (non-xsl) style file says order should be:

title
origin
location

How do I get the proper <xsl:apply-template select="..."/> order from that?

Bruce