Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs,

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs,
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:20:36 -0400
On Aug 14, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Wendell Piez wrote:

Well up-conversion has been going on along as e-text has. But XML is only now beginning to catch up to where Omnimark and even Perl were years ago.

One of the reasons I decided to try to learn XSLT 2.0 -- beyond the citation processing -- was that I needed to work with a bunch of html documents (I'm a scholar). I ran them through Tidy, and then used XSLT -- including the new regex support in 2.0 -- to get the data into a form where I could easily not only query against the data in eXist, but also transform it into bibliographic records. That alone saved me ages of time; 100+ records created in seconds.

If I knew how to program Perl or Ruby, I might use them instead for some of this, but the new features in XSLT 2.0 are certainly useful for me!

Bruce