[xsl] Split HTML File Into XML and XSL

Subject: [xsl] Split HTML File Into XML and XSL
From: "Trevor Majic" <majic87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:11:05 -0500
I need to be able to convert the following HTML document into an XML and XSL file.

The reason for this, is that I would like to have one stylesheet for the few hundred XML files I will have. These files will be opened in a program called LinkOne, which will display the XML data (ie. StockCode, PartNumber, Supplier, Description, Price, etc), along with a selection icon (le-select="always"), which allows items to be added to the Linkone shopping cart. The LinkOne program uses the Internet Explorer engine installed on the local computer (each of the local machines are using IE6). Note: When the HTML document is viewed in IE6, the selection icon is not visible. However, when the file is opened in Linkone, the selection icon is visible.

Would somebody please tell me what the headers need to be for the XML and XSL files. I have several converters, but they either generate an error, or the data is still embedded with the formatting.

This is the simplified version of the HTML document (one row with no formatting):

<?IS10744:arch name="linkone-enabled"
				public-id="-//LinkOne//NOTATION AFDR ARCBASE Linkone enabled//EN"
					auto=nArcAuto?>

Thanks in advance,

Trevor

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN. Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.