RE: [xsl] SaxonProcessorVsParser

Subject: RE: [xsl] SaxonProcessorVsParser
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:47:16 +0100
> but what exactly do you mean by that saxon can work with
> other parsers as
> long as they use the right API.I mean i am just invoking
> saxon from command
> prompt, but i also have installed MSXML parser.Does this mean
> that MSXML
> does the parsing and then saxon proceeds with the
> transformation??If this
> is the case, i imagine that if i completeley uninstall MSXML,
> then saxon
> won't be able to proceed with any transformation!!

Saxon will invoke any XML parser that conforms to the JAXP interface; it
selects the parser identified by the Java system variable
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory. If you don't do anything special to
configure it, then under Saxon 8.0 this will be the Crimson parser supplied
with JDK 1.4; under Saxon 6.5.3 it will be the AElfred parser bundled with
the Saxon distribution.

Michael Kay