RE: [xsl] Creating a whitespace for web page

Subject: RE: [xsl] Creating a whitespace for web page
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:16:53 -0400
> From: michael.s.eberhart@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I would like to my xslt code to create a whitespace for display on the
web
> page.  I am using the following code:

> and

> Both ways have failed, creating garbage characters instead of spaces.

That probably indicates an encoding mismatch between the encoding the
browser is using and the encoding your stylesheet is producing.  Chances
are that the browser is using iso-8859-1 (Latin -1), and you are
producing utf-8.  Note that if you do not specify the encoding you will
get utf-8 (or possibly utf-16 with Microsoft products, depending on how
you produce it).

You can specify the same encoding as the browser uses (but you don't
have control over what other peoples' browsers are set for), or you can
add a meta element to the html you produce, specifying the encoding.

Cheers,

Tom P