[xsl] Dynamicly Generate a apply-templates match pattern.

Subject: [xsl] Dynamicly Generate a apply-templates match pattern.
From: "Peter Charles" <petefc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:33:38 -0700
Hello,

I have an html template into which I would like to place structures
generated from a separate xml document.

My html template looks like this:

    <header>
        <title>
            <rui:insert type="title" match="pageDisplayName"/>
        </title>
    </header>
        <rui:insert type="pageheader" match="document('header.xml')"/>

In my main xslt I have a global variable (content) that holds the node set
for I will transform into my html template:  the node set looks like this:

<results>
    <page>
            <pageDisplayName>Page Title</pageDisplayName>
                <content>some content</content>
    </page>
</results>

I would like to be able to transform my html template so that the match
attribute of my rui:insert element is used to generate an apply-templates
select statement.

The template would be something like this:

    <xsl:template match="rui:insert">

        <xsl:apply-templates select="$content/@match"/>

	</xsl:template>

I realize that this is not a legal template match pattern, but if anyone
knows a method to dynamically generate the match pattern, It would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Peter