RE: [xsl] Processing multiple files

Subject: RE: [xsl] Processing multiple files
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:40:35 +0100
> So, for example, I have DirectoryA, which contains PubFile1,
> ActivityFile1A, ActivityFile1B, PubFile2, ActivityFile2A,
> ActivityFile2B. What I need to do is take a few pieces of
> info from PubFile1 and start an output file (Output1). Then,
> I need to loop through all related ActivityFile documents and
> add the output of those to the Output1 file.

This is fine, have a look at the document() function in XSLT, and (if
you are using java) you should google for 'custom uriresolver' for more
info

> When that is
> complete, I need to move on to PubFile2 and create Output2,
> looping through the ActivityFile2 docs and adding their
> output to Output2.

You will need to do this in whatever language is performing the
transform - java,  etc.  I know Saxon has the ability to transform whole
directories from the command line if you are going down the batch route.

> (since I'm on the digest, an off-list reply would be even
> more appreciated...)

But that defeats the object of a public mailing list...

cheers
andrew