[xsl] FYI: new early beta release (and example app) for the Saxon 8.0B port to C#

Subject: [xsl] FYI: new early beta release (and example app) for the Saxon 8.0B port to C#
From: Pieter Reint Siegers Kort <pieter.siegers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:22:37 -0500
Hi all,

we're happy to announce a new early beta release for the Saxon 8.0B port to
C#, which is actually an updated build of the first early beta, posted a
while ago. We felt that this build was needed since it is produced more
cleanly.

Source is not included since the build is made using IKVM.NET, an effort
lead by Jeroen Frijters, which is a Java VM for .NET, that in turn uses the
GNU ClassPath to realize this important bridge between Java and .NET.

Included this time is also a simple C# Windows Forms example Application,
which demonstrates the use of the new dlls.

See the details at:

http://www.x2x2x.org/x2x2x/home/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/saxondotnet/

We'll also come with a new build of the site on x2x2x.org in about one week,
so expect to see some really awesome by then :-)

Plans for the near future is to enter a second phase where we'll be porting
the Saxon source to C#.NET, making the application a 100% C# Application.
This is known as Phase Two of the project. Anyone who's interested to join
the project can do so by emailing me at psiegers@xxxxxxxxx including a short
bio and the reason why you want to join.

Thanx for reading and cheers,

<prs/>
<M:D/>
The Saxon.NET team