Re: [xsl] testing dates

Subject: Re: [xsl] testing dates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:29:46 +0100
XSLT 1 only has numeric less than operation  so if you give it to
strings they are each converted to a number before comparing 2004-06-27
and 2004-09-05 both compare to NaN (Not-A-Number) I leave it to IEEE
lawyers to confirm what exactly the value of NaN < NaN should be
but I would guess that it's false, as you say.

In XSLT2 you could cast the strings to dates then do a date-aware
comparison.

David

http://www.star.net.uk