RE: [xsl] xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml

Subject: RE: [xsl] xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:55:28 +0100
From: Dominic Kr|ger <dominic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:51:58 +0200

Hi,

my name is Dominic and I'm new to this mailing list and to XSLT.

I'm using:

java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.

With Tomcat/5.0.27

And cocoon 2.1

Running on WinXP SP2

I am trying to write a xhtml file that consist of some static areas (pre formated xhtml)and some dynamic areas I want to fill with content from an xml file.

Filling in the content works fine.

My problem is that cocoon will not keep the formated xhtml that I copied
into the stylesheet.

The xhtml file to be generated is very complex and the IE 6 seems to have
major problems with displaying it correctly.

Are you sure that markup is lost, in which case we'd probably need to see the actual data and transform, or is it that IE is not rendering it correctly? If the latter then the reason could well be that IE does not support XHTML and never has. It can cope with simple stuff in a similar fashion to the way it can handle mis-formed HTML but that's about it.

--

Joe