[xsl] Xalan pronunciation

Subject: [xsl] Xalan pronunciation
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:34:23 +0100
I recently had a conversation with a fellow techie who I had never met
before, which became a bit laboured after a while because of their
refusal to adopt my pronunciation of 'xalan'.  We both kept saying it in
our own way, both well aware we were saying it differently, both
refusing to change or even acknowledge the difference.

However, I've only ever read it - I've never heard it spoken before, so
maybe they were right (or we were both wrong!)

I say Zay-lan (for example, rhymes with hay man), he was saying 'zallan'
(as in rhymes with the name 'alan').  There's no obvious definition on
the apache site, who's correct here?

Cheers
andrew