Re: [xsl] dynamically applying templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] dynamically applying templates
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:48:09 -0400
On Sep 13, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Wendell Piez wrote:

At 01:27 PM 9/11/2004, you wrote:
I had thought it might be nice to able to name each template and
somehow apply those in the above, but nothing I try seems to be valid
(e.g. I can't get away with <xsl:apply-templates
name="$source/*[node-name(.) = node-name(current())]">).

No, you can't do this. (I assume you meant xsl:call-template name="..."/>.) But you could apply-templates select="..." to that node, and have a template to match it ... (in a mode if necessary).

Not following you here Wendell. Can you please give me a bit more to chew on? I'm not really clear how to apply the above to my problem (that what I'm apply-templates to and matching against in my bib data is not the same thing as my config file).

Bruce