[xsl] Ideas for creating quotation collection

Subject: [xsl] Ideas for creating quotation collection
From: Steffen Glückselig <glueckselig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:05:30 +0200
Hello,

I plan to convert a quite big collection of quotations archived in XML to XHTML via XSL. Currently I am getting the job done with a Java-tool I've programmed.

What I want to do is group the quotes into categories (according to author (x)or content).

I've started with
<xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="contains(.,'Mark Twain')">
          <xsl:attribute name="category">Mark Twain</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

I'd write the result of this transformation into a file and process that file with another XSL-sheet to produce the final XHTML-file.

I've two questions:
 The test should not be case-sensitive. How could I do that?

Is there a better way of doing it - maybe not requiring two passes?

thanks & regards
Steffen