[xsl] problem with table-column

Subject: [xsl] problem with table-column
From: Eldho George <georgee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:09:43 +0530
Hai all

I have  probelm  with table.Iwould like to know whether <fo:table-column> is
compulsory?
I tried without <fo:table-column>But i could not get the table visible in
the pdf format.
I have some problem with <fo:table-column>.The following is part of my
template for creating table column

<xsl:for-each select="tr/th|tr/td|thead/tr/th|thead/tr/td">
	<fo:table-column/>
</xsl:for-each>

Suppose following is my table structure

Here what my problem is according to above template It create column
definition for each td.
It devide each row by 5 column.Because 5 td is present there.Fop does not
support auto layout.
so my table border drawn upto entire body width.In first row,after 3 column
it showing 2 column spcaes
between table border.It looks badly.Suppose i am using tr[1]/th|tr[1]/td
instead of tr/th|tr/td it works fine.
But for general template i cannot use that .I want to work with diff. table
structure.
How can i solve this problem.How can i create table-column accoding to the
number of <td>/<th> in each row.
That means i want to create <table-column> in each row correspond to the
total number of th/td in each row

Thanks in advance
George

the system manager.