[xsl] Time stamp with emacs

Subject: [xsl] Time stamp with emacs
From: Jan Mattila <jan.mattila@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:17:45 +0300
Hello.

I tried Dave Pawson's trick for getting a time stamp by using Emacs,
and everything worked up to the part, when you see the timestamp on
the web-page. I don't see it.

I an utter noob, so I might be making some silly mistake somewhere,
but I cannot spot it.

Here's my test.html file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
 <!-- Time-stamp: "2004-09-25 16:37:55 janmatti" -->
<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
  version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">
    This should be the timestamp
    <xsl:value-of select="document('')/comment()[1]"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>

As you can see it's an almost exact copy of the one in Dave's
post "emacs time stamp" on "Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:39:49 -0000"

I thought that maybe the name of the file (.html) is the problem,
but when I tried test.xml I only got the document tree with my
firefox-0.8:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information
associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

So should the file name be .xml and then have something else
to fix the style part? Or is there some other obvious mistake?

PaX.
--

 Jan Mattila <jan.mattila@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 "Finland, Finland, Finland, Finland has it all."
                             - Michael Palin