RE: [xsl] Expanding XML navigation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Expanding XML navigation
From: "Andrew Welch" <ajwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:43:11 +0100
This variation of the identity template should do what you need:

<xsl:param name="pageName" select="'manhattan'"/>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:if test="descendant-or-self::*[@name = $pageName]">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
      </xsl:if>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

It basically will output the current node, then only continue processing
it's children if a descendent of the current node has an attribute with
the required attribute.  It's not that efficient as it walks the
descendant axis for every node, but if your tree isn't that deep it
shouldn't be too bad.

cheers
andrew