Re: [xsl] Passing a variable number of parameters?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing a variable number of parameters?
From: Joseph Dane <jdane@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:31:06 -1000
Jakob Fix <jakob.fix@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> <xsl:variable name="params" select="document('params.xml')"/>
>
> Well, in a multi-user environment this won't work, unless I create a
> unique file for each request which is out of the question, and
> impossible as the client in this application cannot create files on
> the server.

it's not necessarily true that you need to create a file for each
request.  resolving names (e.g. 'params.xml') into input streams is
a somewhat murky affair, which can be a PITA but can also provide a
certain amount of flexibility.  I'm sure it depends on the toolset
you're using, but in the Java world you can set a custom URIResolver
before you start the transformation, and that resolver can do just
about anything it wants, and return anything you like.

--

joe