Re: [xsl] xslt 2, design patterns

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt 2, design patterns
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:29:25 +0100
  It depends a bit on the detail I think. In general I would go for

  <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="matches(., regex1)">...
  <xsl:when test="matches(., regex2)">...
 <xsl:otherwise>...

  But there may be cases where using xsl:non-matching-substring works better.

  Michael Kay

Also of course (subject to not blowing your system's regexp stack)  you
can always make a regexp that matches them all at the same time

  (regex1)|(regex2)|(.*)

You can tell which one you actually got by looking at the subgroup
matches.

David

http://www.star.net.uk