Re: [xsl] send overflow to row below

Subject: Re: [xsl] send overflow to row below
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 09:21:51 -0400
At 2004-10-04 12:10 +0100, James Steven wrote:
I'm using xsl-fo to produce a table.  The table is formatted fine
apart from one column which has an overflow because of the page size.  An
overflow on this particular column is expected except that I would like the
overflow to continue on the row below.  Instead the table is formatted so
that the content of the column starts one or two rows above that of the
row where it should start.  How can I change the xsl-fo to make the overflow
go below the row the content should be formatted on and not above?

Your formatter is giving you what you have asked for, not what you want.

eg. Currently the xml-fo is formats the table as:

Accommodation_Types
Column              Properties
                                  This is the Primary Key for Accommodation
Accommodation Type    Description Types
                      DataType    smallint (2)

Instead I would like:
Accommodation_Types
Column              Properties
Accommodation Type    Description This is the Primary Key for Accommodation
                                  Types
                      DataType    smallint (2)

I noted in your attributes the following:

<xsl:attribute name="display-align">after</xsl:attribute>

This property will give you what you are seeing: the display alignment of each of your cells is to the after edge of the cell, not to the default which is the before edge of the cell.

Either remove the property or override the property with display-align="before" for your table header cells and they will align as you desire.

I hope this helps.

-- Upcoming publicly-subscribed XSL delivery: Helsinki Oct 18-20,2004 World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group XML/XSL training. G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal