Re: [xsl] Re: [xslt transform & grouping] Using the Muenchian Method?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: [xslt transform & grouping] Using the Muenchian Method?
From: "Michael PG" <xrow@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:07:37 +0000
As a workaround I used generate-id() function in Muenchian method instead of count():
Something with numeric predicate I think.

<xsl:for-each select="Document[@filter='' or @filter=$filter]/Article[generate-id()=generate-id(key('by-info',@info)[@filter='' or @filter=$filter])]">

Now it works as it should.

--Michael

From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:44:00 +0100

> I tried to use other namespace in XSLT file.
>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"/>

that's not just another namespace that is a different language that is
almost completely unrelated to XSLT. It was implemented in msxml 2 (and so
IE5) prior to Microsoft implementing XSLT, MSXML3 implemented both
languages, MSXML4 and later products only implement XSLT. No
non-microsft product ever implemented that language, which was loosely
based on an early draft of XSL but mainly consisted of microsoft specific
constructs.

Microsoft's wd-xsl doesn't have anything analogous to xsl:key as far as
I can recall and the behaviour of its templating language was quite
different. So you'd have to completely re-write your stylesheet to use
that language.

It would be bizarre indeed to use that language when it is not supported
in any current product. I don't know but I would be most surprised if it
is implemented in the standard .net classes.

David

http://www.star.net.uk