Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:16:02 -0400
On Oct 22, 2004, at 8:59 AM, Dimtre Novatchev wrote:

Suppose I have XML Schema definitions for both XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0.

How will a validating processor know which schema to apply for which
language? Both languages are defined in the same namespace... Was this
an intentional effort of the XSLT 2.0 WG and why?

Heh, use RELAX NG instead ;-)

Norm Walsh has a combined schema for the two, which must work (I've not actually read his schema) by conditioning validation on the root version attribute. AFAIK, XML Schema does not support attribute-based validation of this sort. If so, that's a problem with the schema language.

Bruce