RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:04:25 +0100
> Is it still a worthwhile addition in 2.0?

We wouldn't want to remove something that's already in 1.0.

Given that you've already got version on LREs, I think generalizing it so
you can put the version attributes on top-level elements such as
xsl:template does make sense: it's less work for the implementor to allow it
everywhere than to have complex rules about where it can appear, and it's a
lot more useful for users at the template level than at the LRE level. We
also have a number of statically scoped attributes such as
xpath-default-namespace and it makes sense for them all to have the same
rules.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/