Re: [xsl] Retrieving top section from a navigation tree

Subject: Re: [xsl] Retrieving top section from a navigation tree
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:38:27 +0100
> Sadly I do not understand how I would retrieve the name "two" using any of
> these methods.

actually you do: text() (although that will also give you lots of white
space coming from element indentation) so you'll probably want to use
normalize-space() afterwards. (You might want to restrict to text()[1]
and just get the first text node, although later ones while be white
space anyway.

  My  failed xpath expression so far looks like this;
  exsl:node-set($ul)/ul[@id='menu']/li[//li/@id=$id]/text()

looks OK to me, unless this is a namespace proble,.
If teh default namespace at the point you make your variable is xhtml
rather than no-namespace you will need an xpath of

 exsl:node-set($ul)/h:ul[@id='menu']/h:li[//h:li/@id=$id]/text()

David

http://www.star.net.uk