Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:57:24 +0100
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 16:04, Bhupendra Singh wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an XML something like this.

Cut...

> After the grouping the total time taken was 45 secs.
> which I think is too much.

I would tend to agree. Running a transform based on your
sample the time only doubled between a simple sort and your
code. I could not see any reason you should be seeing five
times worse.

My guess would be it is a "feature" of the XSLT processor
you are using or there is something else in your stylesheet
that is causing the problem. The 5 secs for a simple sort
is also fairly poor (assuming you are running on a
recent-ish PC) so that may also indicate a processor issue.

Kev.