Re: [xsl] Performance tuning rules of thumb

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance tuning rules of thumb
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:48:41 -0700
Kienle, Steven C wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I have seen many times rules of thumb of how to tune
a stylesheet, similar to below. Is there any site which has collected these
rules in one place?

The best tips and tricks site for XSLT is DaveP's site (I owe him a paragraph which I am about to write right now and send it to you Dave if you read this... been a fun but crazy week -- much to blog about from the last week with LOTS of pictures to boot :)

http://dpawson.co.uk/xsl/index.html

Bookmark this site, write it down on a piece of paper and stick it in your wallet, or find another way to keep this reference with you at all times...

coupled with Dr. Kays books:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Kay%2C%252520Michael/104-8813868-6011112

and Jeni Tennisons books:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Jeni%252520Tennison/104-8813868-6011112

and site:

http://www.jenitennison.com/

you'll be the optimization king in about 3 months (give or take a year or two ;)

Best of luck!

<M:D/>