Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:44:51 +0200
Hi Matthew,

> // replace the JS XSLTransform link with the output fragment
> // by doing a dom replace of fragment against the original
> // link (here represented as oldLink).
> var oldLink = document.getElementById(xsllink);
> document.getElementById(outputElement).replaceChild(fragment,oldLink);

outputElement looks like a variable to me, but I can't find the definition.

> data.xsl
>
> <?xml version=1.0?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>      xmlns:xsl=http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
>   version=1.0>
>   <xsl:param name=dn>One</xsl:param>
>   <xsl:output method=html></xsl:output>

[snip]

>  <xsl:attribute name=bgcolor>
>  <xsl:value-of select=dn[@name='One']/attr[@name='bgcolor']/>
> </xsl:attribute>
>     <h1>Data</h1>
> <!--</body>-->
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

This doesn't look like valid xml. Try putting your attributes in double quotes, so:

<xsl:stylesheet
  version="1.0">
  <xsl:param name="dn">One</xsl:param>
  <xsl:output method="html" />

[etc]

Have you tried running your data.xml against data.xsl from the command-line? This could help
localize the problem.

Greetz,
Geert
--
Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50