Re: [xsl] filtering

Subject: Re: [xsl] filtering
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:33:04 +0000
Hi Daniel,

> The header specifies that columns 1, 2, 3 and 7 are crucial in this
> particular instance and must not be empty. The values differ from
> time to time (I cannot hardcode the numbers in the xsl), but the
> element names in "header" (AAA, BBB etc.) are static for this type
> of data).

Since you know the element names in the header, I guess you can list
the elements in the header. In which case, you can select the rows
that you're interested in with:

  row[not(column[position() = $header/AAA or
                 position() = $header/BBB or
                 position() = $header/CCC or
                 position() = $header/DDD]
                [not(normalize-space())])]

where $header is set with:

<xsl:variable name="header" select="/root/header" />

In other words: select the rows that do not have a column whose
position is one of the positions specified in the header but that does
not have any non-whitespace content.

Cheers,

Jeni

---