Re: [xsl] SVG Help

Subject: Re: [xsl] SVG Help
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:36:56 +0000
Hi Dave,

>     The namespace issue is one problem: SVG processors will
>     (should) only recognize SVG that is in the SVG namespace.
>
> I did some last week Jeni,
> and the Windows plug in from Adobe seemed quite happy
> with non namespaced svg!

Did you use a DOCTYPE declaration? The SVG DTD includes namespace
declarations as #FIXED attributes (I believe), so they're added
automatically to the SVG, and thus, as long as the SVG processor
processes the DTD, the SVG is actually namespaced.

(It wouldn't surprise me to find that SVG processors don't in practice
require the SVG to be in the SVG namespace, but it won't stop me
advocating using the namespace correctly.)

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison