Re: [xsl] How to access all attributes and their values ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to access all attributes and their values ?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:19:43 +0100
Matt Adams wrote:
For a given node I want to list all its (unknown) attribute names and (unknown) attribute values.

How do I code this within an XSLT stylesheet? It should be something similar to:

This will output the attibute name-value pairs for the context element: <xsl:for-each select="@*"> Attribute name=<xsl:value-of select="name()"/> Attribute value=<xsl:value-of select="."/> </xsl:for-each>

XSLT:
<xsl:for-each select="\\elem[@]">
   Attribute name=<xsl:copy-of select="extractattrname(.)" />
   Attribute value=<xsl:copy-of select="extarcteattrvalue(.)" />
</xsl:for-each>

That's one of the wilder guesses at XPath syntax recently seen on this list. Check out the books and online tutorials referred in the XSL FAQ for more efficient means to learn XSLT.

J.Pietschmann