Re: [xsl] Iterating over the nodes in a variable (Was: A question on optimization)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Iterating over the nodes in a variable (Was: A question on optimization)
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:11:33 +0100
Hi Jochen,

Nobody answered this question?

Yes, it should work alright. Get a specific error message or are you just nog seeing output?

Grtz,
Geert

Hi,

after some more thinking and researching, I found that my problem can possibly reduced to the following:

  - Create a node set and assign it to a variable; in my example,
    the node set would be attribute nodes
  - Create a loop, that iterates over the nodes in the variable and
    do something.

However, my question is how to do the second part? I thought of

<xsl:for-each select="$names">...</xsl:for-each>

But that doesn't seem to work somehow? (I created the node set with

  <xsl:variable name="names"
    select="//justus:part[@visible='true']/@dbfeld"/>

thus have hopefully covered the attribute nodes?

Regards,

Jochen

--
Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50