Re: [xsl] Transforming XML 'on-the-fly' / Dynamic XSLT???

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming XML 'on-the-fly' / Dynamic XSLT???
From: xptm@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:36:02 +0000
What you?re saying is that the XSLTransformations you need are embeded in the
XML to be transformed? Gee, this looks like a MC Escher picture...

XSL is XML, so you can create XSL from XML and then XSLTransform that XML
again... Maybe if you have some examples it will help.

Citando Nick Roberts <nick_roberts5@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently investigating into a JAVA based application aimed to
transform
> an XML document.
>
> I understand XSLT and how it is used to transform XML pages, however, my
> current understanding is that an XSLT page has to be pre-written, with a
> pre-definition of how you want to transform the XML document.
>
> What I want to achieve is some kind of tool, which will input an XML
> document, then transform this document based on arguments declared within
> the application. For example, once the XML document has been inputted into
> the system, you can view the current nodes and then say how you want to
> transform these.
>
> As far as i'm aware, this would require some kind of method of
'dynamically'
> creating an XSLT page, without any kind of pre-definition of how the XML
> documents' required to change.
>
> Sorry if i'm not explaining myself very well but I hope you can understand
> what i'm trying to achieve.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nick

> Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger
> http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Ganha Cbmaras de Filmar, Televisues e outros fantasticos primios Samsung com o
SAPO!
Clica em http://dc.sapo.pt/sfc