Re: [xsl] Unprefixed namespace and XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unprefixed namespace and XSL
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:00:54 +0100
Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I've problems with viewing an XML file with XSL in an Internet Explorer. I've read the XPath 2.0 and XSLT standards, and I know that if I have

IE does not implement XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0. You have to use prefixes in expressions and patterns in XPath 1.0 and XSLT 1.0 if the elements are in a namespace.

Cheers,

Jarno

Yes, using prefixes in the XPath expression in your XSL should be sufficient. The xpath-default-namespace attributes won't work with MSXML and IE.

Note that defining a default namespace in the XSL also applies to all namespace-less literals you have in the stylesheet. So actually, the xhtml you are generating, is in the mireg namespace!

:-P

Grtz,
Geert