[xsl] Special processing for the first process of an element

Subject: [xsl] Special processing for the first process of an element
From: Peter Hickman <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:47:47 +0000
In my xml data I have tags around highlighted search terms and when rendering it to XHTML I want to place a <a name="hit" /> on only the first occurrence of such a tag. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to use ancestor or preceding sibling to reliably identify the very first encounter of the tag. For example:

            <result>First</result>
      <result>Second</result>

When processing the tag around the word "Second" I seem to be unable to locate the earlier occurrence around the word "First".

Any ideas?

Thanks.