Re: [xsl] Newbie RSS/XSLT Configuration Question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Newbie RSS/XSLT Configuration Question
From: Nic Ferrier <nferrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:21:56 +0000
scottspam@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Sorry to bother you with such a simple question, but I'm stuck on this one. I'm
> rendering an RSS feed with the XSLT file below, and simply want to limit the
> number of articles that are displayed to 10. Right now, I think it's grabbing
> however many the feed will allow. If someone could make the adjustment and email
> me the file, that would be outstanding. Otherwise, if you can show me the
> snippet of code that it takes to do this (and where exactly it goes), that would
> also help a great deal. Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~scottspam/RSS_edited.xslt

Send a cheque first, then you'll get your file.  /8-)

Your script uses for-each... it would be simpler to abstract the
template that renders the items from the for-each (there might be
scope for reuse there anyway) and put it in it's own template.

Once you've done that you could do:

  <xsl:apply-templates select="channel/item[position() &lt; 20]"/>

to give you the first 20.

Do you see?

--
Nic Ferrier