Re: [xsl] build a select clause or dynamic URI's

Subject: Re: [xsl] build a select clause or dynamic URI's
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:45:10 +0100
Wendell Piez wrote:

Some XSLT processors, such as Saxon, provide an "eval()" function or equivalent to get around this limitation in XSLT. This is way better (since the engine already has to evaluate XPaths, just not dynamically) than trying to implement XPath in XSLT itself.

Cheers,
Wendell

HA! (Big laugh)

I'd like to here if one would be able to implement only even the most basic stuff in XSLT, even in XSLT 2. Yes, this is a challenge.

Believe me, I have done my share of parsing. You need recursion _and_ back-tracking to make it work...

Grtz,
Geert

PS: you'd better stick to eval()