Re: [xsl] RE: [SPAM] - RE: [xsl] RE: [SPAM] - Re: [xsl] characters in xsl - Bayesian Filter detected spam - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: [SPAM] - RE: [xsl] RE: [SPAM] - Re: [xsl] characters in xsl - Bayesian Filter detected spam - Bayesian Filter detected spam
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:29:07 GMT
  So, if I say:

  <xsl:template match="//stone">

  I specify a template for every <stone> element regardless of where it
  appears in the file?

yes, although

 <xsl:template match="stone">

would match the same elements. It's never useful to start a match
pattern with //.

   Meaning that:

  /stone

  and

  /stone/*/stone

  would activate the same template?  Is that right?

I don't understand this last part. /stone and /stone/*/stone
are very different expressions and woul dselect different nodes in a
select expression and match different nodes if used in a match pattern.

David

http://www.star.net.uk