Re: [xsl] xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl and toc.hhc (was xml -> htmlhelp and character 8220)
From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:37:27 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, David Carlisle wrote:

 If I set htmlhelp.encoding to windows-1250 there's no complaint
 about the left quotes, but u-grave (249) is rejected.  If I try
 setting the encoding to windows-1252, saxon says

If you specify an encoding that hasn't got the character then the text
method has to die. I don't know enough about htmlhelp (read don't know
anything) to know if the toc file is sufficiently much like html that
the &# numeric character ref can be used.

There are comments in the xsl files indicating that the MS help compiler can't handle that :-(

Failed to load windows-1252

I believe saxon just defers to your underlying JVM as to which encodings it supports...

I would have thought so, but the Windows 1252 stuff is there in jre/lib/rt.jar.

Allin Cottrell