[no subject]

XPath 2.0 Functions Support
Given below is a list of built-in XPath 2.0 functions that have limited
support.

Function
 Support limitation

fn:id
 Not supported.

fn:idref
 Not supported.

fn:lower-case
 Applies to Latin character set only.

fn:normalize-unicode
 Not supported.

fn:upper-case
 Applies to Latin character set only.

XSLT 2.0 Functions Support
Given below is a list of built-in XSLT 2.0 functions that have limited
support.

Function
 Support limitation

element-available
 Not supported.

format-date
 Not supported.

format-dateTime
 Not supported.

format-time
 Not supported.

generate-id
 Not supported.

key
 Not supported.

system-property
 Not supported.

unparsed-entity-public-id
 Not supported.

unparsed-entity-uri
 Not supported.

unparsed-text
 Not supported.

Schema-awareness
The Altova XSLT 2.0 Engine is not schema-aware. This has the following
consequences:

 . For type constructors, only the built-in XML Schema and XPath datatypes
are supported; user-defined types are not supported.

 . Validation against a schema is not supported.

Whitespace in XML document
By default, the Altova XSLT 2.0 Engine strips all whitespace in
whitespace-only nodes from the source XML document. Note that the presence
and absence of whitespace-only nodes affects the value the position()
function returns.

XSLT 2.0 Elements Support
Given below is a list of XSLT 2.0 elements that have limited support.

Elements
 Support limitation

xsl:number
 Not supported.

xsl:key
 Not supported.

xsl:strip-space
 Not supported.

xsl:preserve-space
 Not supported.

> This also brings up a good point to consider:
>
> Of the XSLT 2.0 processors that are available [alpha, beta,
> or released]
> which are the most appropriate to use in each particular user
> situation.  Here would be my summary from what I know so far to be
> projects that I have used that I know for a fact have at
> least SOME of
> the XSLT 2.0 features working.
>
> Any platform, client or server, except for .NET - Hands down this is
> Saxon-B and Saxon-SA.
>
> NOTE: Dr.Kay, could you run us through a scenario in which using
> Saxon-SA over Saxon-B has been or can be beneficial.

It's a good question, and I think it's still quite early days to tell,
because Saxon is certainly not using the schema information to anything like
its full potential at this stage.

The biggest advantage I have found so far comes from result document
that point you straight at the line number containing the error. A simple
thing, but I think it can greatly speed up the process of developing a
stylesheet that produces correct output.

Michael Kay