Re: [xsl] document() path relative to current document

Subject: Re: [xsl] document() path relative to current document
From: "Robert Sösemann" <rsoese@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:52:25 +0100 (MET)
I tried it out. Here is my code snippet. As @href commes from the attribute
value of an HTML <a i still think it is only a string.
			<!-- Get expected type of related content -->
			<xsl:variable name="expected-type" select="normalize-space(@type)"/>

			<!-- For each <A> pointing to related content... -->
			<xsl:for-each select="a">
				<xsl:variable name="external-doc" select="document(@href,/)"/>
				<xsl:variable name="external-type"
select="normalize-space($external-doc/kiwi-contenttype/@name)"/>

				<xsl:choose>
					<xsl:when test="$expected-type = $external-type">
						<kiwi-link url="{@href}" />
					</xsl:when>
>   Thanks for your quick reply. But the way you describe it, can not work,
>   because the document function needs a string to tell which document to
>   access. I tried it out and i didn't work.
>
> the document function does not require a string.
>
> document() takes either a string or a node set, the behaviour is
> different in the two cases. If you give it a string (eg using concat())
> then the base URI of the stylesheet is used. If you give it a node set
> eg @href then the base uri of the node is used.
> in either case you can override the defualt base uri by giving a second
> argument to document eg
> document(concat(zzzz,zzzz),/)
> will use the base uri of the / node of the source rather than the
> stylesheet.
>

> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum superg|nstigen Komplett-Preis!