Re: [xsl] root node template - unmatching pattern?

Subject: Re: [xsl] root node template - unmatching pattern?
From: Chizzolini Stefano <chist@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:36:51 +0100
Trying to solve the issue, I discovered a strange, odd behavior:
A) calling the transformNodeToObject method of the IXMLDOMElement interface
(as I've done till now, for example:
Call xmlDoc.documentElement.transformNodeToObject(xslDoc, resultDoc)
) resulted in an undesired unmatching of the root-node template (xpath="/");
B) on the other hand, calling the "same" transformNodeToObject method of the
DOMDocument40 class (for example:
Call xmlDoc.transformNodeToObject(xslDoc, resultDoc)
) I got my wanted result (the root-node template matching).

Can someone explain me if either exists a DOM-specification difference
between the behavior of the two methods or it's just one of the sadly famous
non-conformance of the MSXML implementation?

Thanks

Stefano