RE: [xsl] XML 2 XML using XSL,DTD XALAN - JAVA

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML 2 XML using XSL,DTD XALAN - JAVA
From: "contest.vix" <contest.vix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:04:10 -0200
Hi,
thanks for the tip.
The only way to validade the result DOM tree is to parse it again?
The XSL that I'm using has the output property below:
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="no" encoding="ISO-8859-1"
doctype-system="../DTD/MyDTD.dtd"/>

Even with this, the result DOM tree doesn't have a DocType with it. Does
anyone knows why?
I tryed to setup the DocType by code:
Transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.DOCTYPE_SYSTEM,"MyDTD.dtd");

Even with this, the resulting DOM tree doesn't have a DocType wiht it.

thanks,
Roger.

> Hi,
>
> > I am using XALAN to transform my XML file to another XML file
> > using XSL. I
> > have a small JAVA program which does this. Does anyone knows
> > How to validate
> > an XML file against the DTD using JAVA ? Is there any methods
> > available in
> > XALAN to implement this ? If yes, could you please send me a
> > sample example
> > of how to it, please ?
>
> Xalan will not perform DTD validation. You're probably using Xerces XML
parser, see their documentation how to turn validation on.

> Cheers,
>
> Jarno

AntiPop-up UOL - I gratis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/