Re: [xsl] Problems trying to run FXSLT-XSLT2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problems trying to run FXSLT-XSLT2
From: Dimtre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:51:21 +1100

%Go??%@...e-set($vrtfSingleBookAmounts)/*%Go??%@:
%Go??%@...n:node-set($vrtfRunningTotal)/*%Go??%@:
>    Unknown function: saxon:node-set
> At line 51 in file:///home/colin/fxslt/runningTotal.xsl:
> Fatal error: XP0017: XPath syntax error in
%Go??%@...n:node-set($vrtfRunningTotal)/*%Go??%@:
>    Unknown function: saxon:node-set
> Could not compile stylesheet: There were error compiling the stylesheet
>
> What's an XSLT2 version doing trying to use saxon:node-set?
> XSLT2 doesn't need any node-set extension functions.

Which confirms that it is better to ask than to try guessing...

See a reply to your previous one-sentence post for detailed information.

As for this specific example, it ran successfully with Saxon 7.x in
June 2003. Many things changed since then, so your question is out of
synch. In particular:

 1. The Saxon's namespace-uri was changed

 2. saxon:node-set() is no longer supported in XSLT 2.0

However, EXSLT is supported (in Saxon 8.0).

Change line 3 from:

      xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";

to:

      xmlns:saxon="http://exslt.org/common";

then the transformation runs successfully with

Saxon 8.0 from Saxonica
Java version 1.4.2_04

If more explanations are needed, please, contact me off-list and I'd
be happy to assist.

Cheers,
Dimitre.