RE: [xsl] trouble validating my XSL transformed code

Subject: RE: [xsl] trouble validating my XSL transformed code
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:10:48 -0000
(a) The W3C validator validates the XML file that you supply, it doesn't
invoke a transformation on it first.

(b) The doctype-system attribute in xsl:output causes a <!DOCTYPE>
declaration to be included in the serialized output of the transformation;
it does not cause any validation of the output to take place.

Run the transformation first, then supply the output to a process that does
validation.

Michael Kay