[xsl] Will this work?

Subject: [xsl] Will this work?
From: "Wong Chin Shin" <publicbbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:44:24 +0800
Hi,

I'm currently building an Add and Update form. The easy part was the Add
form, where I specify the form fields in an XML file
(http://www.nascencetech.com/recruitexpressmy/webadmin/AddPage.xml) and then
pump it through and XSL file
(http://www.nascencetech.com/recruitexpressmy/xsl/webadmin.xsl) to get my
form layout.

For the Edit form though, I had intended to use ASP to read AddPage.xml,
read the existing values from the database and insert the contents into the
relevant nodes using Microsoft.XMLDOM and then pump it through webadmin.xsl.
Then, I realized that as 2 of the fields may include HTML tags that I did
not cater for in the XSL file and may not appear accurately during XSL
transformation as I allowed HTML editing in those fields.

As a workaround, I figured that I might use this method:

1) Read database record
2) Generate XML file with record data
3) Generate an XSL file where there is an onLoad javascript call to
document.write the contents of the 2 fields mentioned into the respective
textareas.
4) Save this XSL file into a temp directory.
5) Return the XML file linked to the temp XSL file.
6) Periodically run a process to clear the temp directory.

Will this work? Is there a better way?

Thanks
Wong