Re: [xsl] List of XSL entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] List of XSL entities
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:48:54 +0100
There are 5 characters that have a special meaning to XML and are escaped when present in character data:

> --> &gt;
< --> &lt;
& --> &amp;
" --> &apos;
' --> &quot;

The other characters should not give problems between tags and inside the values of attributes...

Grtz,
Geert

Jaime Stuardo wrote:

Hi all...

I'm making a program that converts a CSV file to an XML structure. That CSV may have some characters that make XML invalid (for example, data can contain & or < characters), so I need to get a complete list of entities or at least a list of those characters. I tried searching in Google but I couldn't find what I was looking for. At first, I know these characters that make XML to crash:

& --> &amp;
< --> &lt;

--> &gt;

Any hint will be greatly appreciated