Re: [xsl] converting encoded characters <, > etc

Subject: Re: [xsl] converting encoded characters <, > etc
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:22:02 GMT
   <xsl:value-of select="-- path to data --" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

you could do that (if your system supports disable-output-escaping
but it's always worth suggesting that you change your input.
d-o-e is very much a last resort.

Specifically, the original poster said:

> When I manipulate XML data using XMLDOM in ASP, all characters like "<" and
> ">" in the XML data gets converted to "&lt;" and "&gt;".

That is very strange, you would expect that a DOM would end up being
seen by XSLT as a node set of element nodes, so if it is being
linearised, something is probably wrong with the way the DOM has been
built, or XSLT is being called.

David

http://www.star.net.uk