Re: [xsl] xsl:sort with document()

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort with document()
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 00:08:37 +0100
Hi Jan,

Haven't worked through your code completely, but at least the following caught my eye:

> 					<xsl:apply-templates select="site:children/site:document">
> 						<xsl:sort select="navi:order"/><!--does not work-->
> 					</xsl:apply-templates>

This suggests that navi:order is a subelement of site:document, which I believe is not the case...

Changing the sort to:

<xsl:sort select="document(site:xml-file)/*/navi:order"/>

is more likely to work...

But I think you'd better try to get the document function call into the select statement of the apply-templates or a for-each if necessary. I have a hunch that it is a performance killer this way.

But then again, only one way to found out...

G.