Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Page numbering

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Page numbering
From: Tokushige Kobayashi <koba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:04:20 +0900
Hello,

Your request is the realm of vender specific extension. Though I have
not enough knowledge about XEP, in the case of XSL Formatter, it
is quite easy to realize your request.

We take another approach, that is to make one large FO and
fix page-numbers in the process of formatting, then create
separate PDF files.

In the process of generating separated PDF files, internal
links within one formatted object will be changed to external
links between PDF files.

Here is a small example:

http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/FOsample.htm#A0

I believe the cost of XSL Formatter is cheaper than the value
of your important time.

Regards,

Tokushige Kobayashi

> reply ro the mail
> From:"Susan" <laborde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Dated: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 06:38:34 -0600
> Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Page numbering

What about using page-number-citation as a 'cross-document' reference?  I'm
using <xsl:document> to create multiple .fo files from one input file.  At
the same time, in the same stylesheet, I'm creating a TOC--a list of "Volume
I, Volume II," etc., and the subsections in each volume.  My links from the
TOC to each Volume and subsection work, but I can't get page numbers (Saxon
error message [warning] unresolved page-number-citation).  I've tried adding
an fo:block with id and can't get that to work, but I'm not sure how to
supply the file path in the ref-id value.  Or, is this impossible?  I'm
using Saxon 6.5.3  for the .fo transformation and XEP 4.0 to create the .pdf
files. I've searched and read for days and am still lost, would greatly
appreciate any help.
Susan

Tokushige Kobayashi
Antenna House, Inc.