Re: [xsl] context and conditional statement problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] context and conditional statement problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:12:55 GMT
    The conditional statement doesn't work.  However -- and this is what I
    don't understand -- if I put in a valid value in place of the current
    '{.}', it does work.

[@id='{.}']

tests if the id attribute is equal to the string '{.}' which it isn't.
stuff inside string quotes is always a string literal in Xpath, and
that is the only place that {} is valid, as part of a string, {} never
has any special meaning in an Xpath expression.

If you wanted to test if the id attribute were equal to . you'd use

[@id=.]

except you don't want that as . there is the current node at that point,
ie the element that has the id attribute that you are testing.

probably you want

[@id=current()]

to test against the value of the node current at the outer expression.

David

http://www.star.net.uk